Wednesday, September 24, 2008

who I am

Once upon a time...

Ever since I've heard about blogs I've wanted to give it a try. I honestly don't know what I want to say here. I can give you a run down on who I am and what I do.

I am in a Bachelors program for Hebrew Studies. I plan on going on for a Masters degree. I also work for the Epilepsy Foundation. I love to play handball - not Team Handball but Four Wall handball- and reading has always been a true love of mine.

Being a student is a challenge. I'm 50 now and going back to school is not easy - especially when I'm learning another language. I'm a Jew but not a religious Jew. My interest in Hebrew Studies started with an interest in Biblical stories being treated and discussed as literature. I think the Bible is an incredible collection of stories. Written by more than one person but arranged in a chronological order.

Working with people who have epilepsy can be exhausting. For many reasons. One of the reasons might be a case of self-hatred. I believe it is possible to hate the person you are. Maybe not ALL of the things you are but certainly some of those things. I have epilepsy and I hate that fact. So, therefore, I don't like others who have epilepsy. It's a terrible thing to say - and admit - for someone who works with people who have epilepsy. Even writing this is exhausting. I think I'll take a break!

No comments: